Apple had one of their classic press conferences today. Here's a down and dirty run of the news, with a little editorializing.
- The pumped out a whole slew of new iPods. Whatever...not really caring because I have an iPhone. The iPod Touch with cameras is kind of nice.
- iOS is getting some much needed upgrades to 4.1 and 4.2. I can't wait for the iPad upgrade in November.
- They are pumping money into gaming with a new social gaming feature to their iOS platform
- iTunes is getting a new logo, which is eh, ok, but also gets Pinged, as in Ping, the social network built into the program. It's the social network for music, as Steve Jobs put it.
- Apple TV got smaller and cheaper. No longer do you have to worry about storing stuff on the device. It's all about streaming content all around your network with this little do dad -- pretty sweet really.
- Lead singer from ColdPlay showed up and sang some stuff, sounded pretty horrible in my opinion.
For me, I'm most excited about the iOS upgrades, a different experience in iTunes and finally, an Apple TV device that I am willing to purchase because it's relatively cheap and really intuitive.
Your thoughts on the event?