The world would be a much happier place if we all has Minions to do our bidding.
My three words for 2013:
What are yours?
Today is my birthday. I'm 39. This year, in particularly, was a challenging year because of a variety of things. Despite those challenges and the emotional rollercoaster I've been on, there are 39 things -- yes, 39 -- that I've learned that will help me over the next 39 (God willing):
So yea, we had an earthquake tonight and of course, because the internet is awesome, we welcome the memes:
I'm sure there will be more, but this is, don't forget, just 30 minutes after the earthquake happened.
Got love the interwebs.
And the awesome continues...a Facebook page has been created for earthquake survivors and as of this posting, already has 41k likes.
And from Chelsford...a k-cup is a victim of the earthquake:
Yea, an hour and seven minutes after the earthquake...that Facebook page has 49k likes. Wow.
From WBZ on Twitter: The largest know New England earthquake was a 6.5 magnitude back in the 1600s...this one was a 4.6 magnitude.
At about this time next week, I'll be recovering from a turkey hangover with a massive sandwich that's chock-full of leftovers. It'll remind me of the great Thanksgiving I had with my family and friends as well as relishing in a Patriots win over the pathetic Detroit Lions.
Before I'll dive into the holiday feed-bag and couch jockeying, I'll give a little thanks to things that are important in my life, sort of important and just crap that I like that's important to me.
Ready. Set. Go. (in no particular order with the exception of the first one)
- Wife and kids
- A job and two good part time jobs that support the first bullet and enables our family to have a great lifestyle
- Roof over my head, cloths on my back and food on the table
- Technology and all things Apple (yes, I'm a fan boy)
- Social media, because it ties into the previous bullet and because I get paid to play on Facebook and Twitter all day long (among other responsibilities)
- Close friends
- My social network friends
- Dogfish Head beer (or craft beer overall)
- Working with smart and interesting people
- Good and competitive professional sports teams
- A good sense of humor and a no BS way to approach everything in life
As you can tell, I'm a pretty simple guy. I like it that way. It suits me well.
What are you thankful for?
Oh @DunkinDonuts Turbo Iced Coffee, how I love thee. Let me count the ways.
- It's like an shot of adrenaline that immediately perks me up
- The flavors that hit your palate are like being showered with riches
- There's really no substitute. Really, there isn't.
- Just when you think you've had enough, you probably could go for another blast
- Did I mention there's really nothing like it?
No, not that double down. This kind of doubling down: